Applications for the annual Herefords Australia Youth Exchange with the NZ Hereford Association (NZHA) are sought now from Herefords Australia Members. This exchange, courtesy of Herefords Australia and NZHA, entitles a Youth Member from each country to visit the other as an educational and development opportunity.
The successful Australian recipient will travel to New Zealand for up to two weeks. The NZ Hereford Association (NZHA) will arrange a series of events and host families for the recipient to visit during this time. These may include a NZHA Ambassador Tour, NZ Beef Expo, seedstock and commercial producers as well as other beef industry related organisations around the country.
The dates for the 2017 Exchange are from approximately May 1st until May 20th 2017, excluding travel days, Exact travel dates will be confirmed with New Zealand closer to May. Applicants should be aware dates may change slightly either side of the date range.
What is provided for the Scholarship recipient:
- Returnflight costs to NZ will be covered by Herefords Australia including costs associated with connecting travel to a major metropolitan airport
(e.g. Sydney, Melbourne)
- NZHA will arrange a series of hosts for the recipient to visit. This will give them a ‘hands-on’ feel for the NZ beef industry. Transport between
host families will also be arranged by the NZHA
- Official Herefords Australia NZ Youth Exchange jacket
What is expected of the Scholarship recipient:
- Compile a report for Herefords Australia and Herefords Australia Youth on their scholarship travels, experiences and learnings. You will be asked to present this report at a number of specified Herefords Australia events. Photographs would be appreciated for use in Hereford promotions
- Assist with organising host families/activities for the NZ Exchange visitor when they travel to Australia
- Become an active member and ambassador for Herefords Australia Youth
- Promote and encourage Members to apply for NZ Exchange in coming years.
- Application must be between 18 and 30 years of age as of 1st January 2017
- Applicants must be a current financial member of Herefords Australia