With Herefords being the feature breed at the 2018 Sydney Easter Royal Show, the National Youth Committee are pleased to announce a Bred and Owned class and a Herdsman competition for all Hereford Youth members.
Bred and Owned
This class allows Hereford youth members to showcase their animals and studs to the entire beef industry, nationally and internationally.
The class will run after the intermediate champion female section, prior to the start of the senior female classes on Saturday 24th March 2018.
There are some great prizes up for grabs, don’t miss your chance to be apart of this great Youth event.
Eligibility: Exhibits must be heifers, 9 months of age but not over 20 months. To enter you MUST have bred the animal, be the current owner, and be exhibiting to animal in your name at Sydney. Any animals transferred after birth will not be excepted.
ENTRIES CLOSE: 23rd February 2018
Conditions of entry
- To enter you must be working/ helping a Hereford stud at the show
- Open to all youth ages – divisions to be split after entries close.
- The competition will be conducted over the period from Tuesday 20th March -Tuesday 27th March 2018.
- Prizes to 5th place in each age division.
Judging will include:
- General Herdsman performance around the shed
- Hereford judging day
- Participation and results in the RAS Heifer Fitting Challenge & RAS youth show
ENTRIES CLOSE: 9th March 2018
For any questions please contact the National Youth Committee by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Nikki Williamson, President, on 0428 950 858