117 Poll Hereford Bulls Av $9034 at Dubbo - Photos Added (05/06/2012)
An eager gallery of buyers paid an average $9034 for 117 Poll Hereford bulls at the 51st annual Dubbo National Poll Hereford Show and Sale in what agents described as the best sale of any breed so far this year.
The average price was up 25% on last year, with a clearance rate of 98%.
Veteran stud stock agent John Horne who retires from Elders in October rated the sale as ‘the best Dubbo Poll Hereford sale since I started here in 1985’.
Another agent said the quality was the best he had seen for years. “If there was any proof needed that Herefords are back in business, here it is,” he said.
Topping the sale at $80,000 was the senior and grand champion bull Tycolah Jovial F77 offered by Steve and Theresa Crowley, Barraba, NSW. Jovial was grand champion bull at the past two Sydney Royals and won the Urquhart Trophy for the best individual beef animal at Sydney 2012. Buyer was a syndicate of the Gunyah, Viewfields and Kimpton Park Herefords.
However the $85,000 paid for Allendale National W168 at Dubbo in 2003 remains the record price.
Second top price was $40,000 for Braybrook Federer F448 offered by Steven and Gillian Madge, Warroo,NSW. He went to Morganvale and Roseneath .
Next best price of $31,000 was for Yalgoo Zed offered by the Nivison family, Walcha, NSW, and purchased by Lindendale Herefords.
$30,000 was the price for Russlyn Flare offered by Russell Pastoral Co, Balmoral, Vic. Buyer was the Pearce family’s Yavenvale Herefords at Adelong, NSW.
While studs battled for the tops in the catalogue (eight bulls sold for $20,000 or more and
15 for $16,000 or more), commercial buyers provided the backbone of the sale.
Heading the commercial raid on the lower end of the catalogue was the massive South Australia breeding operation, Williams Cattle Co, that took home 24 bulls to a top of $5000. Last year at Wodonga the same buyer purchased 23 bulls.
Statistics for the past two sales are:
* David Cooper, Kimpton Park, Goulburn NSW, teamed up with Robert Hain, Gunyah, Cooma NSW, and Ken McCallum, View Field, Goulburn NSW, who purchased the grand champion bull at Dubbo sale for $80,000, from the Crowley family - Steve, Theresa, Lisa and Ben, Tycolah stud, Barraba NSW. (CLICK HERE)
* Alan Morgan, Morganvale Keith SA, with lot 93 purchased from Steve Madge, Braybook, Forbes NSW, at Dubbo for 2nd top price of $40,000 (CLICK HERE)
* Jock Nivison, Yalgoo, Walcha NSW with Alan Green, Walcha and lot 120 sold to Greg James, Tamworth for $31,000 at the sale. (CLICK HERE)
* James Russell with lot 70, Russlyn Flare sold at $30,000 to the Pearce family, Yavenvale Poll Herefords, Adelong, NSW. (CLICK HERE)
* Cam Clements, Ridgley Tas, with Paul Rodgers and Paul Manwarring, Coolah NSW, who purchased the bull Nova Royalty - led by Andrew Green. (CLICK HERE)
* Heifer Llandillo Advance LANF136 was the top price heifer at Dubbo this year. Sold for $15000 to David and Elizabeth Brown from Exeter, NSW (Renae Robertson bid on their behalf)
Left to right; Judy Taylor, Renae Robertson, Meagan Dunford, and Christian Allen. (CLICK HERE)
- Days to Calving (DC) Trait Indicator (23/05/2013)
- E-Newsletter - Edition #52 (23/05/2013)
- OFFICE CLOSED - Tuesday 21 May (17/05/2013)
- Naracoorte MSA/PCAS Information Day - Thursday 23 May 2013 (16/05/2013)
- 2013 Farmfair International Inbound Buyer Program - Edmonton, Canada: November 3-10, 2013 (15/05/2013)
- Regional Breed Development Groups Meeting – Dubbo (13/05/2013)
- Hereford Ribbons go national at the Herefords Australia National Show & Sale (Wodonga) (10/05/2013)
- Hereford bulls sell to $30,000 at the Herefords Australia National Show & Sale (Wodonga) (10/05/2013)
- Herefords Australia 2012-13 Annual Report (10/05/2013)
- Cattle Council of Australia Live Export Update (07/05/2013)
- 2013 Herefords Australia Youth National Heifer Show (07/05/2013)
- Herefords Australia Breed Development Conference (Armidale) Video Presentations (03/05/2013)
- 2013 Herefords Australia Youth AGM (Tuesday 7 May) Wodonga (30/04/2013)
- Herefords Australia Breed Development Conference (Armidale) Presentations (29/04/2013)