Herefords Australia is the organisation representing the interests of stud and commercial Hereford breeders nationally. The organisation was formed following the amalgamation of the former Australian Poll Hereford Society and the Australian Hereford Society in 2009.
Herefords Australia’s strategic objective is ‘To return the Hereford breed to a position of preeminence within the national herd, recognised as a superior stud and commercial breed by all sectors of the Australian beef industry value chain.’
Herefords Australia provides a range of services to its Members to promote, protect and develop the Hereford breed nationally including:
- Member services that comprise breed record administration, genetic testing and performance record management
- Research and development programs directed at increasing the rate of performance recording, genetic gain and commercial suitability
- Marketing and promotional programs that emphasis the pedigree performance and the commercial value of breeding Hereford beef cattle
- Export market development programs targeted at increasing the acceptance of Australia Hereford cattle in beef breeding programs in Eastern European and Asian markets
- Communication activities directed at stakeholders across the beef industry value chain including website, electronic newsletter, social media, magazine, news services, media relations and breed development/promotional events
- Stakeholder engagement programs targeting beef processors, feedlots and backgrounders
The office is based in the city of Armidale, in the New England region of north western New South Wales and consists of five full-time and one part-time staff member.
Click Here to Download the Herefords Australia Constitution
Click Here to Download the Herefords Australia Regulations